The De Los Santos Medical Center Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department provides comprehensive diagnostics and therapy options for athletes and patients alike who want to reach their full physical potential.
Our team of expert Physiatrists (Rehabilitation Medicine doctors) and certified therapists will help boost your overall fitness and handle all your neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, and cardiopulmonary treatment needs.
We offer therapies and other modalities to treat a wide variety of conditions and diseases that may need Rehabilitation Services, such as:
- Geriatric cases
- Cardiac and pulmonary cases
- Cancer and convalescing cases
- Weight loss management/ Deconditioning syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Motor neuron disease (such as Post-polio)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophies
- Speech problems
- Global development delays
- Down syndrome
- Swallowing and speech defects
Orthopaedic and Sports Surgery/ Rheumatic/ Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Pre-prosthetic training
- Prosthetic fitting and training
- Back pain
- Bariatric Surgery (Pre and post-surgery)
- Low Back Pain
- Neck and Shoulder Pain Syndrome
- Cumulative Trauma disorders (such as de Quervain’s tenosynovitis)/ Myofascial pain syndrome (MPS), Cervical and Lumbar Strain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Work-related disorders
- Bell’s Palsy
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ)
- Visual Impairment
- Pre- and Post-partum Lumbar Pain
- Post-partum Pelvic Pain
- Continuous passive motion device
- Manual therapy
- Therapeutic Pain Modalities
- Light therapy
- Wound healing
Occupational Therapy aims to re-educate and rehabilitate a patient who has experienced a previous physical or mental condition and is unable to do daily routines. With this kind of treatment, the patient will again be able to perform self-care, work, and leisure tasks.
It is the fabrication of temporary orthoses (brace) out of special material, such as a thermoplastic brace, which is applied to body parts to provide support or stabilization, resist or assist motion or correct deformities.
This type of rehab focuses on work-related injuries. It is done to evaluate workers’ functional assessment and aid in work simplification, work simulation, and hardening. If necessary, relaxation techniques, energy conservation techniques, and change in handedness are also utilized.
In Visual rehab, visual-impaired patients are taught to use a walking stick or cane.
In Hand rehab, patients with hand injuries are treated to improve grip strength, range of motion or change handedness, if necessary.
In this form of therapy, post-stroke patients are aided in speech re-education and swallowing.
Consisting of Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Velocity Studies (NCV), Electrodiagnosis is used to detect and diagnose nerve and muscle pathologies.
- EMG-Guided Botox/ Botox injections (therapeutic)
- Intra-articular injection using PRP and Na (Sodium) Hyaluronate
- Dry Needling
- Vacuum Cupping
From injury to recovery, De Los Santos Medical Center Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department will facilitate your entire rehab process and help you achieve your optimum physical form.
To schedule an appointment, contact:
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department
2/F Main Hospital Building
889-DLSMC (35762)/ 530-45762 ext. 7111/ 8311
Monday to Saturday | 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM